Nearly four months ago I embarked on the 100-Day Project with the intent to complete a rather ambitious DIY to-do list (which you can view here). While I didn’t accomplish as much as I’d hoped (ahem, I hardly made a dent), I did finish a few key elements and also realized a couple new directions that I want to go in (more on that soon).
For now, here’s an update on my deck…
the garage sale found bench “before”
I finished one of the light fixtures—wrapping the cord in jute rope to give it a more relaxed, outdoor feel, and installing it overhead—but still have this one to go. The custom seat and back cushions were a sewing project that I completed last summer and the couch frame—a $90 garage sale find that used to be a hideous orange—was something I had professionally painted around that same time. Recently, though, I planted new succulents in the various pots and rearranged the side tables (all from HomeGoods, Marshalls and TJ Maxx). I sewed these tropical pillow covers for the couch, which I loved, but ultimately decided to keep the color palette to just blues and whites. I plan to create several throw pillows using these fabrics, but I’m also kind of enjoying the simplicity of just the couch cushions. A continued work in progress, I’ll be sharing more on this cozy outdoor space soon.
In the meantime, keep an eye out for my next update, which will feature the makeover of a beautiful antique dresser (a killer Craigslist find) for my bedroom.
– S A D Y E E V Y N R E I S H