Week four of the One Room Challenge and I’m slowly making progress, but have clearly given up on the whole “posting updates on Wednesday” thing, since here we are on Sunday…again! Ahhh well…
At any rate, below is a snapshot of what I got done this past week.
I was hoping to be finished with all the painting, BUT the Sacramento weather (hello, crazy winds!) had other plans. That and the fact that I dragged my feet a bit on getting going on the file cabinet and rolling cart. Either way, I made progress and that’s what counts!
- Built*, sanded + painted the custom shelves for above my desk and the filing cabinet
*With help from my friend Kevin
- Cut, sanded + rounded the corners of my custom desk top (construction-grade birch plywood), which I’ll be sealing with a clear stain
- Prepped + primed the file cabinet (which turned out to be an unnecessary step, as the lovely folks in the Home Depot paint department informed me that I could just use direct-to-metal latex paint…ahhhh, live and learn!) – because of the CRAZY wind today, I’ll be spraying on the actual color tomorrow
- Opted for this chair instead of this chair, because ultimately, even though I LOVE the Target Opal House chair, the velvet green one on rollers is more practical/functional, a better scale for the space, annnnd it’s A LOT less expensive. Plus, I had a store credit to TJ Maxx, so there’s that. MULTIPLE WINS!
- Changed the paint colors for the file cabinet + rolling cart from Spangle by Sherwin Williams and Lobelia by Sherwin Williams to On Location by Behr and Periwinkle by Behr (respectively), and actually bought the paint, so my mind is officially made up!
- And lastly, I determined what I’m doing for the pegboard / mood board combo on the wall and picked up all the supplies!
For behind the scenes of what I’m working on this week, follow along over at @lovelysplendidhappy and cross your fingers that the wind dies down tomorrow so I can get back to the very important business of painting, because: ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!
– S A D Y E E V Y N R E I S H